Salmon is one of my favorite fishes. Not only for its incredible taste but also for its nutritional properties.
It’s not a traditional French recipe but one inspired by world food fusion.
In that marinated salmon recipe, inspiration comes from Asia and thanks to the marinade, it’s particularly tasty and healthy. Besides, it’s quite a polyvalent dish: I prepare it in two occasions: either for dinner at home or when I receive guests.
Marinated grilled salmon: as good as healthy!
Salmon, olive oil, lemon, ginger, garlic, coriander is truly a great nutritional combination:
- Salmon is one of the main sources of omega 3 but make sure you buy a qualitative product. Omega 3 doesn’t come magically to fishes, it comes from what salmons eat… it means if the salmon has a poor or discount diet, quantity of omega 3 will be deceptive… however it’s not recommended to eat salmon or tuna too often. Being carnivorous fishes, they are at the end of the food chain and an excess of their flesh might be an issue for heavy metal absorption. Once a week is the perfect frequency…
- Lime as well as his cousin lemon is indeed a magic ingredient. It’s nutritional properties are endless: high concentration in vitamins (particularly C), antioxydants and minerals (copper and iron), cholesterol reducer, inflammation reducer, preventing from cancer and very low in sugar.
- Ginger is a terrific antioxydant and combined with garlic its impact is significantly increased as they work in synergy
Marinated grilled salmon recipe
For 4 servings
- Preparation: 10 minutes
- Marinade: 2 hours
- Cooking: 10 minutes
- Total: 2h20
- 4 fresh salmon fillets
- 1 lime
- 1 cup olive oil
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons soja sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Optional: sesame seeds
- Prepare all the ingredients of the marinade: squeeze the lime, grate and thinly chop the ginger, chop the coriander, chop the garlic
- Combine together into a large bowl: olive oil, lime juice, chopped coriander, chopped ginger, soja sauce, chopped garlic, pepper and salt
- Cover the salmon fillets with this marinade. Cover with a plastic wrap and marinate into the fridge during 2 hours
- Drain the salmon over a bowl and keep the marinade. It will be used as dressing
- Optional: pour sesame seeds on both sides of salmon
- Cook the salmon: either in oven or in a pan:
- In oven at 390°F (200°C) for about 10 to 15 minutes
- In a pan brown both sides at high heat with a small quantity of olive oil
- Serve the salmon with grilled vegetables or green salad or rice or fresh pasta and dress with the marinade
- Marinated grilled salmon is ready. Enjoy!
You like salmon? Try also: Gourmet salmon toast